Sunday, October 3, 2010

Adam-O!


Los Angeles is full of performers. And you have endless shows, concerts, recitals and expositions to enjoy. The local paper had a write up on this guy and I knew I had to check it out.


It was an all ages show, so I dragged Rebecca and Olive along. We got there a bit early so we stopped for a coke.


Uncle Jason joined us..! Turns out Jason knows Adam-O through his work at the LA youth hostiles (Adam does weekly tours around Hollywood).


The write up in the paper kind of described Adam-O as a Pee Wee Herman meets Tony Clifton type character. He has been performing a monthly kids show full of original characters and homemade props, and when I walked in, I loved what I saw.


They also have a cereal bar, where there is a two bowl minimum for all patrons. What a genius!


The show was quite bold and in your face. Olive got a little overwhelmed but Jason and I laughed along. (Rebecca and Olive walked around backstage).


The show pulls volunteers (kids) up from the audience to play along.


The show closed with a big musical number and Adam-O stole the show.


It was fun meeting him and we talked about including puppets in his future shows. So we'll see what happens.. Regardless, Adam-O is a really unique guy and I think we'll be hearing more from his zany unique mind.



And from one entertainer to another, we came across this MJ mural. Olive certainly got her fill of artists today.

No comments:

Post a Comment